IECMH Consultant (for State Support Team 12)
Location: 9 Kenny, SST 12 & Remote Work
Supervisor: Angie Gibbs & Jennifer Lackey
IECMH SST Program Manager, Full time: 40 hours per week. Infant/Early Childhood Mental Health Consultants provide consultation & treatment to help infants and young children succeed in home and early learning environments. I/ECMH Consultants use consultation to develop strategies that professionals can use to support the healthy social-emotional development of young children as well as respond to challenging behaviors that arise. This position provides focused IECMH Consultation to SST12 team requiring in person meetings with team & consultants as well as travel to districts with consultants when requested.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in mental health related field; Licensure in mental health; Education & experience working with families & working across systems of care (e.g. Medication Assisted Treatment, addiction, medical facilities/WIC, Early Intervention, Help Me Grow, Head Start, child care settings); Expectation to work towards being an ECMH Consultant through the Ohio Professional Development Network (OPDN) Registry; Ability to work independently and align work with team & relate to a variety of professionals and parents of young children; Awareness of and sensitivity to the cultural diversity of the population served, implicit bias & its impact on care; Commitment to the promotion of social justice and ability to promote diversity equity & inclusion within programs; Ability to work independently, multi-task on multiple initiatives in parallel, & relate to a variety of professionals & caregivers. Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in a mental health field; Independent licensure in mental health; Education/experience working with children birth to age 5 and their families; Experience with working across early childhood systems (e.g. medical facilities/WIC, Early Intervention, Help Me Grow, child care settings); Experience in providing training to Early Care and education staff and or medical personnel. Eligible for IECMH credentials through the State of Ohio.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Establishes & maintains a professional working relationship with partners in the community.
- Provides programmatic consultation to SST12 team as part of the Ohio ECMHC in SST Expansion Program.
- Designs and implements programmatic, classroom-specific, and/or individual child/family consultation plans in conjunction with early learning professionals and caregivers.
- Provides training to early childhood staff and parents. Participates in consultation based projects.
- Collects and enters data as required by ODMHAS into prescribed data systems.
- Participates in Ohio Approved training on early childhood specific topics for ECMH credential.
- Attends as scheduled and participates in supervision, team meetings, professional development, First Aid/CPR training and serves on agency committees, as appropriate.
- Participates in reflective supervision, including being on time and coming prepared to discuss experiences or dilemmas, maintaining an openness to feedback, developing awareness of internal response to work, exploring impact of internal beliefs on the work, allowing support and reflecting on the supervision experience to enhance professional practice and personal growth.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and updated resume to: [email protected]
Excellent benefits and competitive salary including health, dental, vision, paid vacation, holidays, sick, 401 k retirement plan, and more.
Hopewell Health Centers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Access to Affordable, High Quality, Integrated Health Care for All