Schools and districts that would like to apply for 2022-2023 PBIS Recognition must complete an Intent to Apply Form by Feb. 27, 2023. The Intent to Apply Form is an online form that can be accessed by clicking on the designated State Support Team (SST) consultant in the 2022-2023 PBIS Recognition Award Application.
Instructions for completing a fillable PDF form.
To apply, download and save the 2022-2023 PBIS Recognition Award Application and complete the steps listed below.
Application Submission Process
Applicants must complete the required Intent to Apply Form, linked in the 2022-2023 PBIS Recognition Award Application, to their designated State Support Team (SST) consultant by Feb. 27, 2023.
- Schools who submitted the Intent to Apply Form will be provided a link where they can submit the 2022-2023 PBIS Recognition Award Application and related materials. The link will be provided by SST consultants to schools by March 3, 2023.
- Schools must submit their application materials to their SST consultant (using the link provided) by May 1, 2023.
- SST consultants will review the applications from May 1 through Sept. 15. The revised scoring rubrics, which are available in the application, will be used to review submissions.
- The Department will send a letter of notification to all award recipients at the conclusion of the review process.
Applicants can not submit any additional information once the application is submitted. The link will be “view only” and no late submissions
will be accepted.
Updates to Recognition Award System
The Department and PBIS Network committed to examining and refining PBIS Recognition System processes to enhance the award system across the state. The updates below are effective the 2022-2023 school year.
Intent to Apply Form
- Applicants must submit the Intent to Apply Form to their regional State Support Team (SST) consultant by Feb. 27, 2023.
- The Intent to Apply Form can be found by clicking on their designated State Support Team (SST) consultant, linked in the application.
Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI) Walkthrough
Self-Assessment Survey (SAS)
Student Outcome Data
- The application process now requires a discipline data component. The Department will utilize discipline data from the Education Management Information System (EMIS).
- Please note, the percentage of decrease is minimal for this school year but may increase or include other data measures in future years.
Scoring Rubric Evidence
- Applicants will initiate the electronic submission process once they complete an Intent to Apply Form. SST consultants will send a personalized link with the application package and additional guidance to applicants following this step.
- Non-electronic or paper copies are no longer permitted.
Mixed Application Review
- SST consultants from an outside region will review all applications to ensure consistency and fairness across the state. Consultants will not review applications from their own regions.
- Applicants cannot submit any additional information once the application is submitted. The link will be “view only” and no late submissions will be accepted.?
Determination of Recognition Awards
- SST consultants will review the applications from May 1 through Sept. 15, 2023 using the revised scoring rubrics available in the application. The Department will send a letter of notification to all award recipients at the conclusion of the review process.
Once building awards are determined, the application process for district awards will be available. Districts may apply for a district award from Sept. 25 through Oct. 6, 2023.
Regional SST consultants will review their districts’ award application by Oct. 13, 2023.
Schools and districts may contact their regional State Support Team consultant or the Office of Whole Child Supports at [email protected] with questions or for additional information.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA)
The Ohio Department of Education is committed to providing access and inclusion and reasonable accommodation in its services, activities, programs and employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable laws. To request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please contact Aleshia McNutt, ADA coordinator, at?[email protected] or (614) 387-2200 (voice).